Instant Substitutes for Smoking – After you Quit Smoking
After you quit smoking
When you have cravings for a cigarette, remember that those cravings normally only last a few minutes. Try the following:
- Take a few minutes to do deep breathing exercise
- Brush your teeth and think how good your mouth feels after you quit smoking.
- Drink some fruit juice; pineapple juice helps freshen your mouth.
- Pick up a good book; one you’ve wanted to read for ages or treat yourself to the latest issue of your favorite magazine.
- Go for a walk, get active, exercise, it can take your mind off cigarettes and releases endorphins (chemicals that trigger a positive feeling in the body) to the brain.
- Count how much money you have saved after you quit smoking and treat yourself with it!
- Count the number of cigarettes you have not had since stopping – each cigarette you don’t smoke adds about five minutes to your life.
- Compile a list of things you been meaning to do for ages and do them.
- Think about the benefits you have achieved in stopping smoking.
- Keep your hands busy by sipping slowly on a glass of water or juice, taking little sips.
- Give your hands something to do by playing with a stress ball or pencil.
- Clean your house and your car to make them smoke free zones.
- Go to the movies or watch a DVD.
- Remember that each day will be better than the last.
- TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME!